A Google Play Services v10.0 APK teardown conducted by Android Police has revealed Google may be adding support for NFC payments through Android Pay to its Android Wear 2.0 smartwatch update. “Most of the strings have ‘wear’ and ‘tp’ prefix, which is used for elements in the Tap and Pay interface,” the publication says. “The actual text also makes a couple of references each to Android Pay and the phrase ‘your watch’, leaving no room for misinterpretation.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works