Samsung Pay is aiming to grasp “the largest share” of the Taiwan market following approval from the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) to enter the country, along with Apple Pay and Android Pay. “Several banks that work with the three mobile payment brands are testing their systems and seek approval from the FSC before the Samsung services kick off in the local market,” China Post reports. Samsung Pay’s Thomas Ko spoke to NFC World about the mobile payment service’s expansion plans at Money20/20 last month.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service