Samsung Pay is aiming to grasp “the largest share” of the Taiwan market following approval from the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) to enter the country, along with Apple Pay and Android Pay. “Several banks that work with the three mobile payment brands are testing their systems and seek approval from the FSC before the Samsung services kick off in the local market,” China Post reports. Samsung Pay’s Thomas Ko spoke to NFC World about the mobile payment service’s expansion plans at Money20/20 last month.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain