Dutch mobile-only bank bunq is to offer customers using its app 4 Fingers TouchlessID hand recognition software, developed by US biometrics authentication solutions provider Veridium. The system captures four fingerprints at once offering, the pair says, “a higher level of precision and reliability for authentication than other biometrics such as face, voice or a single fingerprint”.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain