Dutch mobile-only bank bunq is to offer customers using its app 4 Fingers TouchlessID hand recognition software, developed by US biometrics authentication solutions provider Veridium. The system captures four fingerprints at once offering, the pair says, “a higher level of precision and reliability for authentication than other biometrics such as face, voice or a single fingerprint”.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities