The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the limit of money that can be kept in a mobile wallet to Rs 20,000 (US$291) from Rs 10,000 (US$145.5) following the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes. “The total value of reloads during any given month shall also not exceed Rs 20,000,” RBI says in a circular. The measures will be applicable until 30 December 2016, subject to review. One97 Communications, owner of mobile payment platform Paytm, asked RBI to increase the limit to Rs 25,000 (US$364) in July this year.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills