The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the limit of money that can be kept in a mobile wallet to Rs 20,000 (US$291) from Rs 10,000 (US$145.5) following the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes. “The total value of reloads during any given month shall also not exceed Rs 20,000,” RBI says in a circular. The measures will be applicable until 30 December 2016, subject to review. One97 Communications, owner of mobile payment platform Paytm, asked RBI to increase the limit to Rs 25,000 (US$364) in July this year.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay