Chip giant Intel is developing a virtual reality headset based on ‘merged reality’, with users able to see the real world even while wearing a full headset, The Verge reports. Project Alloy aims to offer a “PC-like VR experience without the need to tether the headset to a computer system”. The system is potentially safer than full virtual reality headsets and also eliminates the need for additional sensors or hand controllers for interactive experiences.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants