Chip giant Intel is developing a virtual reality headset based on ‘merged reality’, with users able to see the real world even while wearing a full headset, The Verge reports. Project Alloy aims to offer a “PC-like VR experience without the need to tether the headset to a computer system”. The system is potentially safer than full virtual reality headsets and also eliminates the need for additional sensors or hand controllers for interactive experiences.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info