Chip giant Intel is developing a virtual reality headset based on ‘merged reality’, with users able to see the real world even while wearing a full headset, The Verge reports. Project Alloy aims to offer a “PC-like VR experience without the need to tether the headset to a computer system”. The system is potentially safer than full virtual reality headsets and also eliminates the need for additional sensors or hand controllers for interactive experiences.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works