Chip giant Intel is developing a virtual reality headset based on ‘merged reality’, with users able to see the real world even while wearing a full headset, The Verge reports. Project Alloy aims to offer a “PC-like VR experience without the need to tether the headset to a computer system”. The system is potentially safer than full virtual reality headsets and also eliminates the need for additional sensors or hand controllers for interactive experiences.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay