Mobile payments service Android Pay could have a game built into it, with prizes on offer, an APK teardown report from Android Police suggests. A set of strings using a ‘tap_game’ prefix has been found, with the game likely to involve coins or tokens. Meanwhile, users could be encouraged to share something about the game with friends via social media networks.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency