Indian mobile payment provider Paytm has suspended a new feature in its mobile app two days after its launch, citing the need to “add additional certifications and features” before making it available again. App POS was launched to allow Paytm merchants to accept all debit and credit cards using their mobile phone. “We will re-launch this product as soon as we have updated the product,” Paytm writes in a blog post. App POS was unveiled in the wake of withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service