Eighty-eight percent of US millennials are conducting transactions from their mobile device with 15% doing so multiple times a day, research from mobile capture and identity verification firm Mitek shows. Nearly half of older millennials have made a decision on where to spend money or switched companies based upon the mobile experience, the survey of more than 3,000 people aged between 18 and 34 in the US, Canada and the UK adds.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan