Mastercard has launched its biometric Identity Check Mobile service in Brazil and Mexico, the payments giant has confirmed. The service allows cardholders to authenticate online payments by scanning their fingerprint or by taking a selfie. The Latin America rollout comes after “trials in the Netherlands, the US and Canada found consumers preferred biometrics to authenticate payments”, Mastercard adds. The service became available to US financial institutions in 2016, with a global expansion expected to increase in 2017.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign