Mastercard has launched its biometric Identity Check Mobile service in Brazil and Mexico, the payments giant has confirmed. The service allows cardholders to authenticate online payments by scanning their fingerprint or by taking a selfie. The Latin America rollout comes after “trials in the Netherlands, the US and Canada found consumers preferred biometrics to authenticate payments”, Mastercard adds. The service became available to US financial institutions in 2016, with a global expansion expected to increase in 2017.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform