A facial biometric authentication service for money transfers has been launched by Korea International Trade Association subsidiary Korea Trade Network (KTNET), in collaboration with biometrics provider Daon and the Korea Smart Authentication Corporation. “This jointly developed facial recognition service can be applied to most smartphones equipped with a selfie camera,” The Korea Herald reports. In addition to mobile apps, BioCA can also be applied to immigration checkpoints at airports, keyless automobiles and property entrances. The service is built on Daon’s IdentityX solution and will also support fingerprint and voice recognition.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?