A facial biometric authentication service for money transfers has been launched by Korea International Trade Association subsidiary Korea Trade Network (KTNET), in collaboration with biometrics provider Daon and the Korea Smart Authentication Corporation. “This jointly developed facial recognition service can be applied to most smartphones equipped with a selfie camera,” The Korea Herald reports. In addition to mobile apps, BioCA can also be applied to immigration checkpoints at airports, keyless automobiles and property entrances. The service is built on Daon’s IdentityX solution and will also support fingerprint and voice recognition.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign