Mastercard has introduced an artificial intelligence solution to help financial institutions increase the accuracy of real-time approvals of genuine transactions and reduce false declines, while marking the first time AI has been implemented on a global scale directly on the Mastercard network. “Decision Intelligence examines how a specific account is used over time to detect normal and abnormal shopping spending behaviours,” Mastercard says. “It leverages account information like customer value segmentation, risk profiling, location, merchant, device data, time of day and type of purchase made.”
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch