British consumers will be able to spread the cost of high-value in-store payments following a partnership between Mastercard and Verifone. The Mastercard Instalments app — the first of its kind in Britain — will launch on Verifone payment terminals at some UK retailers in January. The app has already launched in Romania, with BRD Groupe Societe Generale offering cardholders access to Mastercard Instalments at retailers across the country having conducted its first transaction last week.
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module