The UK’s Royal Mint is working with derivatives marketplace CME Group to develop a new gold trading system using blockchain technology. Launching in 2017, Royal Mint will issue Royal Mint Gold (RMG) as a digital record of ownership for gold stored at its storage facility. CME Group will develop and operate the digital trading platform to “provide an easier, cost-effective and cryptographically secure alternative to buying, holding and trading spot gold”.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit