The UK’s Royal Mint is working with derivatives marketplace CME Group to develop a new gold trading system using blockchain technology. Launching in 2017, Royal Mint will issue Royal Mint Gold (RMG) as a digital record of ownership for gold stored at its storage facility. CME Group will develop and operate the digital trading platform to “provide an easier, cost-effective and cryptographically secure alternative to buying, holding and trading spot gold”.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers