The UK’s Royal Mint is working with derivatives marketplace CME Group to develop a new gold trading system using blockchain technology. Launching in 2017, Royal Mint will issue Royal Mint Gold (RMG) as a digital record of ownership for gold stored at its storage facility. CME Group will develop and operate the digital trading platform to “provide an easier, cost-effective and cryptographically secure alternative to buying, holding and trading spot gold”.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump