German payments technology provider Wirecard is to integrate insurance solutions from Credit Life International into its Boon host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments app. “Soon, purchases made by users via the mobile app can also be insured at the touch of a button during the checkout process,” Wirecard says. Boon launched in Germany, the Netherlands and Austria in December 2015. It expanded to Spain and Ireland in the same month, and launched in the UK with Apple Pay support in March 2016.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet