German payments technology provider Wirecard is to integrate insurance solutions from Credit Life International into its Boon host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments app. “Soon, purchases made by users via the mobile app can also be insured at the touch of a button during the checkout process,” Wirecard says. Boon launched in Germany, the Netherlands and Austria in December 2015. It expanded to Spain and Ireland in the same month, and launched in the UK with Apple Pay support in March 2016.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform