German payments technology provider Wirecard is to integrate insurance solutions from Credit Life International into its Boon host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments app. “Soon, purchases made by users via the mobile app can also be insured at the touch of a button during the checkout process,” Wirecard says. Boon launched in Germany, the Netherlands and Austria in December 2015. It expanded to Spain and Ireland in the same month, and launched in the UK with Apple Pay support in March 2016.
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China
- M-Pesa founder shares lessons learned from ten years of mobile money