German payments technology provider Wirecard is to integrate insurance solutions from Credit Life International into its Boon host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments app. “Soon, purchases made by users via the mobile app can also be insured at the touch of a button during the checkout process,” Wirecard says. Boon launched in Germany, the Netherlands and Austria in December 2015. It expanded to Spain and Ireland in the same month, and launched in the UK with Apple Pay support in March 2016.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service