Android Pay users in the UK are receiving virtual Christmas rewards whenever they use the mobile payment service to pay in-store or on the Transport for London network. More than 100,000 gift cards can be won while, with each payment, users can collect virtual coins — five of which earn a £3 (US$3.82) Costa Coffee gift card, Google’s Pali Bhat writes. The Shop.Tap.Reward campaign runs until the end of 2016.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash