Android Pay users in the UK are receiving virtual Christmas rewards whenever they use the mobile payment service to pay in-store or on the Transport for London network. More than 100,000 gift cards can be won while, with each payment, users can collect virtual coins — five of which earn a £3 (US$3.82) Costa Coffee gift card, Google’s Pali Bhat writes. The Shop.Tap.Reward campaign runs until the end of 2016.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service