Android Pay users in the UK are receiving virtual Christmas rewards whenever they use the mobile payment service to pay in-store or on the Transport for London network. More than 100,000 gift cards can be won while, with each payment, users can collect virtual coins — five of which earn a £3 (US$3.82) Costa Coffee gift card, Google’s Pali Bhat writes. The Shop.Tap.Reward campaign runs until the end of 2016.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards