Samsung Pay is to be launched in the UK in 2017, the company has confirmed to NFC World. It was expected the mobile payment service would go live in the UK in 2016, after Samsung Pay’s European head Nathalie Oestmann revealed a UK and Spain debut would be happening “very soon” during the company’s European Forum 2016 event in February.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities