Samsung Pay is to be launched in the UK in 2017, the company has confirmed to NFC World. It was expected the mobile payment service would go live in the UK in 2016, after Samsung Pay’s European head Nathalie Oestmann revealed a UK and Spain debut would be happening “very soon” during the company’s European Forum 2016 event in February.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service