Samsung Pay is to be launched in the UK in 2017, the company has confirmed to NFC World. It was expected the mobile payment service would go live in the UK in 2016, after Samsung Pay’s European head Nathalie Oestmann revealed a UK and Spain debut would be happening “very soon” during the company’s European Forum 2016 event in February.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments