More than 30 banks and credit unions in the US have added their support for Apple Pay, as well as five more in Australia. The additions in the US mean more than 1,600 financial institutions support the mobile payments service across the country, 9to5mac reports. Some 35% of US retailers now support Apple Pay, its chief Jennifer Bailey revealed at the Re/code Code Commerce event this week.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK