More than 30 banks and credit unions in the US have added their support for Apple Pay, as well as five more in Australia. The additions in the US mean more than 1,600 financial institutions support the mobile payments service across the country, 9to5mac reports. Some 35% of US retailers now support Apple Pay, its chief Jennifer Bailey revealed at the Re/code Code Commerce event this week.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API