More than 30 banks and credit unions in the US have added their support for Apple Pay, as well as five more in Australia. The additions in the US mean more than 1,600 financial institutions support the mobile payments service across the country, 9to5mac reports. Some 35% of US retailers now support Apple Pay, its chief Jennifer Bailey revealed at the Re/code Code Commerce event this week.
- JCB expands Apple Pay support to Taiwan
- Apple Pay goes live in Poland with the support of eight banks
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room