More than 30 banks and credit unions in the US have added their support for Apple Pay, as well as five more in Australia. The additions in the US mean more than 1,600 financial institutions support the mobile payments service across the country, 9to5mac reports. Some 35% of US retailers now support Apple Pay, its chief Jennifer Bailey revealed at the Re/code Code Commerce event this week.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution