More than 30 banks and credit unions in the US have added their support for Apple Pay, as well as five more in Australia. The additions in the US mean more than 1,600 financial institutions support the mobile payments service across the country, 9to5mac reports. Some 35% of US retailers now support Apple Pay, its chief Jennifer Bailey revealed at the Re/code Code Commerce event this week.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case