Australian merchants using Quest Payment Systems payment terminals can integrate support for Alipay mobile payments following a software update. “Quest has enabled Alipay at select stores within The Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist groups, with full rollout planned for early 2017,” Quest says. Alipay struck a deal with Commonwealth Bank of Australia to enable Alipay payments for Chinese tourists in October 2016 and has partnered with European banks and payment processors to expand across Europe.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API