Australian merchants using Quest Payment Systems payment terminals can integrate support for Alipay mobile payments following a software update. “Quest has enabled Alipay at select stores within The Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist groups, with full rollout planned for early 2017,” Quest says. Alipay struck a deal with Commonwealth Bank of Australia to enable Alipay payments for Chinese tourists in October 2016 and has partnered with European banks and payment processors to expand across Europe.
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China