Australian merchants using Quest Payment Systems payment terminals can integrate support for Alipay mobile payments following a software update. “Quest has enabled Alipay at select stores within The Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist groups, with full rollout planned for early 2017,” Quest says. Alipay struck a deal with Commonwealth Bank of Australia to enable Alipay payments for Chinese tourists in October 2016 and has partnered with European banks and payment processors to expand across Europe.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies