Belgian bank Belfius has joined ING and KBC in the development of a common mobile payment and loyalty platform in Belgium built on ING’s existing Payconiq mobile payments app. Belfius is to integrate Payconiq into the digital platform Citie, developed in partnership with Bpost and Proximus. ING and KBC announced their plans to launch the common mobile payments platform in July 2016.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes