Belgian bank Belfius has joined ING and KBC in the development of a common mobile payment and loyalty platform in Belgium built on ING’s existing Payconiq mobile payments app. Belfius is to integrate Payconiq into the digital platform Citie, developed in partnership with Bpost and Proximus. ING and KBC announced their plans to launch the common mobile payments platform in July 2016.
- Visa, Mastercard and PayPal back Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency launch
- Facebook unveils its blockchain digital wallet plan
- Android Q to add face verification for payments?
- Survey finds consumers ‘reluctant to swap passwords for biometrics’
- Singapore pop-up store allows customers to buy mobiles in ‘truly unmanned’ environment