Belgian bank Belfius has joined ING and KBC in the development of a common mobile payment and loyalty platform in Belgium built on ING’s existing Payconiq mobile payments app. Belfius is to integrate Payconiq into the digital platform Citie, developed in partnership with Bpost and Proximus. ING and KBC announced their plans to launch the common mobile payments platform in July 2016.
- Japanese bank to combine fingerprint and vein verification for cardless transactions at ATMs and teller windows
- Apple publishes video guide to using Apple Pay Cash
- Visa publishes future of security roadmap
- Six in ten card present transactions are now made with an EMV chip card
- Nintendo and Kellogg’s add NFC tags to cereal boxes