Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now make mobile payments through Android Pay using their Mastercard debit and credit cards. The service is available for those with select Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Motorola, Huawei and Pixel smartphones. Android Pay launched in Australia with support from 27 financial institutions in July 2016. Westpac forms part of the group of Australian banks seeking stronger negotiation powers over the entry of third party mobile wallets in the country.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations