Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now make mobile payments through Android Pay using their Mastercard debit and credit cards. The service is available for those with select Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Motorola, Huawei and Pixel smartphones. Android Pay launched in Australia with support from 27 financial institutions in July 2016. Westpac forms part of the group of Australian banks seeking stronger negotiation powers over the entry of third party mobile wallets in the country.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain