Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now make mobile payments through Android Pay using their Mastercard debit and credit cards. The service is available for those with select Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Motorola, Huawei and Pixel smartphones. Android Pay launched in Australia with support from 27 financial institutions in July 2016. Westpac forms part of the group of Australian banks seeking stronger negotiation powers over the entry of third party mobile wallets in the country.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies