Customers of Australian bank Westpac can now make mobile payments through Android Pay using their Mastercard debit and credit cards. The service is available for those with select Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Motorola, Huawei and Pixel smartphones. Android Pay launched in Australia with support from 27 financial institutions in July 2016. Westpac forms part of the group of Australian banks seeking stronger negotiation powers over the entry of third party mobile wallets in the country.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay