Vodafone India has unveiled Vodafone M-Pesa Pay, a digital payment solution allowing merchants to receive payments from customers using their M-Pesa wallet, bank account, or debit or credit card. Retailers need to download the Vodafone M-Pesa app and register for Vodafone M-Pesa Pay as a merchant to use the service. The move follows the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes across the country.
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry