Vodafone India has unveiled Vodafone M-Pesa Pay, a digital payment solution allowing merchants to receive payments from customers using their M-Pesa wallet, bank account, or debit or credit card. Retailers need to download the Vodafone M-Pesa app and register for Vodafone M-Pesa Pay as a merchant to use the service. The move follows the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes across the country.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards