German payments technology provider Wirecard has become the latest to announce its support for Pay by Bank, the mobile payments app developed by VocaLink’s Zapp. “Wirecard will bring the power of Pay by Bank app to its mobile payment solution Boon,” Wirecard says, adding it “will incorporate the Pay by Bank app into its UK online merchant acquiring suite of alternative payment options.” UK bank Barclays will be the first to make Pay by Bank available to consumers following beta tests.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes