Customers of Ukraine’s PrivatBank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments with their Visa cards, using a new service based on the Visa Token Service (VTS) platform. “To try the new service, Visa cardholders need to use NFC-enabled mobile devices that run on the Android operating system (version 4.4 or later),” Visa says. The launch of the service marks the first introduction of VTS in Ukraine.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service