Customers of Ukraine’s PrivatBank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments with their Visa cards, using a new service based on the Visa Token Service (VTS) platform. “To try the new service, Visa cardholders need to use NFC-enabled mobile devices that run on the Android operating system (version 4.4 or later),” Visa says. The launch of the service marks the first introduction of VTS in Ukraine.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service