Paypal has announced new partnerships with US bank Citi and financial technology services provider Fidelity National Information Services (FIS). The deal with Citi will see Citi cardholders able to use their card through PayPal at the point of sale, where Visa or Mastercard contactless payments are accepted. PayPal adds working with FIS would allow them to “provide a more seamless way for their thousands of bank issuers to drive more digital spend with their customers through PayPal accounts”.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay