Paypal has announced new partnerships with US bank Citi and financial technology services provider Fidelity National Information Services (FIS). The deal with Citi will see Citi cardholders able to use their card through PayPal at the point of sale, where Visa or Mastercard contactless payments are accepted. PayPal adds working with FIS would allow them to “provide a more seamless way for their thousands of bank issuers to drive more digital spend with their customers through PayPal accounts”.
- Apple Pay goes live in 13 new European countries
- Seppeltsfield Barossa adds NFC tags to wine bottles
- Swedish banks roll out wearable payments on fashion watches
- Visa to acquire Rambus’ payments and ticketing business
- Apple Pay to go live in Greece, Portugal and Slovakia this week