Paypal has announced new partnerships with US bank Citi and financial technology services provider Fidelity National Information Services (FIS). The deal with Citi will see Citi cardholders able to use their card through PayPal at the point of sale, where Visa or Mastercard contactless payments are accepted. PayPal adds working with FIS would allow them to “provide a more seamless way for their thousands of bank issuers to drive more digital spend with their customers through PayPal accounts”.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards