Paypal has announced new partnerships with US bank Citi and financial technology services provider Fidelity National Information Services (FIS). The deal with Citi will see Citi cardholders able to use their card through PayPal at the point of sale, where Visa or Mastercard contactless payments are accepted. PayPal adds working with FIS would allow them to “provide a more seamless way for their thousands of bank issuers to drive more digital spend with their customers through PayPal accounts”.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service