Paypal has announced new partnerships with US bank Citi and financial technology services provider Fidelity National Information Services (FIS). The deal with Citi will see Citi cardholders able to use their card through PayPal at the point of sale, where Visa or Mastercard contactless payments are accepted. PayPal adds working with FIS would allow them to “provide a more seamless way for their thousands of bank issuers to drive more digital spend with their customers through PayPal accounts”.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account