A study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) shows nearly two-thirds (62%) of American consumers own at least one Internet of Things (IoT) connected device, while 65% of them say they are willing to receive ads on IoT screens. The Internet of Things study found most popularly owned IoT devices are connected/smart TVs and streaming devices (47%), followed by wearable health trackers (24%) and internet-enabled home control devices (17%).
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents