Samsung Pay is testing its mobile payment service in India, and could be launched there in the first half of 2017, SamMobile reports. “Since India does not have many NFC-equipped point-of-sale devices, Samsung Pay’s MST (magnetic secure transmission) functionality would be a boon to users,” the publication adds. The move follows the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes across the country in November 2016.
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa
- Ride-hailing app Grab acquires mobile payments startup iKaaz
- Starbucks tests cashless store concept in Seattle