Samsung Pay is testing its mobile payment service in India, and could be launched there in the first half of 2017, SamMobile reports. “Since India does not have many NFC-equipped point-of-sale devices, Samsung Pay’s MST (magnetic secure transmission) functionality would be a boon to users,” the publication adds. The move follows the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes across the country in November 2016.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay