Samsung Pay is testing its mobile payment service in India, and could be launched there in the first half of 2017, SamMobile reports. “Since India does not have many NFC-equipped point-of-sale devices, Samsung Pay’s MST (magnetic secure transmission) functionality would be a boon to users,” the publication adds. The move follows the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes across the country in November 2016.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash