Passengers using the Moscow Central Ring rail line can now pay for journeys using Apple Pay at ticket offices, ticket machines and through turnstiles. Free travel is offered for users of the mobile payments service every Monday throughout December 2016. “I’m sure that thanks to Apple Pay the number of passengers using innovative payment services will increase significantly,” says deputy mayor Maxim Liksutov. Apple Pay launched in Russia in October 2016, supported by Mastercard and Sberbank.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers