Passengers using the Moscow Central Ring rail line can now pay for journeys using Apple Pay at ticket offices, ticket machines and through turnstiles. Free travel is offered for users of the mobile payments service every Monday throughout December 2016. “I’m sure that thanks to Apple Pay the number of passengers using innovative payment services will increase significantly,” says deputy mayor Maxim Liksutov. Apple Pay launched in Russia in October 2016, supported by Mastercard and Sberbank.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones