Cubic Transportation Systems says it is working with Transport for New South Wales to trial contactless ticketing across Sydney’s public transport network in 2017, allowing “commuters of participating payment schemes to tap their contactless bank card on Opal readers to pay for travel”. The trial follows Cubic’s licensing agreement with Transport for London in July 2016 to take the network’s contactless ticketing system to other major cities.
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China