Romanian bank BCR is installing a contactless ticketing system across the Bucharest subway, in partnership with transport operator Metrorex, Mastercard and Visa. “BCR has developed an integrated solution that enables any contactless bank card, issued anywhere in the world, to pay for a journey,” BCR says. The service is being installed in all metro stations in the capital, with 164 access gates completed before the end of 2016.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities