Romanian bank BCR is installing a contactless ticketing system across the Bucharest subway, in partnership with transport operator Metrorex, Mastercard and Visa. “BCR has developed an integrated solution that enables any contactless bank card, issued anywhere in the world, to pay for a journey,” BCR says. The service is being installed in all metro stations in the capital, with 164 access gates completed before the end of 2016.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash