Indian mobile payments provider Paytm has been granted permission from the Reserve Bank of India to formally launch a payments bank. “Our aim is to build a new business model in the banking industry, focussed on bringing financial services to hundreds of millions of unserved or underserved Indians,” the company says.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants