Indian mobile payments provider Paytm has been granted permission from the Reserve Bank of India to formally launch a payments bank. “Our aim is to build a new business model in the banking industry, focussed on bringing financial services to hundreds of millions of unserved or underserved Indians,” the company says.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards