Indian mobile payments provider Paytm has been granted permission from the Reserve Bank of India to formally launch a payments bank. “Our aim is to build a new business model in the banking industry, focussed on bringing financial services to hundreds of millions of unserved or underserved Indians,” the company says.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info