Commuters paying with Apple Pay or a contactless bank card across the Moscow metro are receiving a 20% discount off the ticketing price, Russian publication Appsad reports. Apple Pay was introduced on the Moscow Central Ring rail line in December 2016, and passengers were given free travel every Monday throughout the month when choosing to pay using the mobile payment service.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents