Commuters paying with Apple Pay or a contactless bank card across the Moscow metro are receiving a 20% discount off the ticketing price, Russian publication Appsad reports. Apple Pay was introduced on the Moscow Central Ring rail line in December 2016, and passengers were given free travel every Monday throughout the month when choosing to pay using the mobile payment service.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa