Mastercard is preparing to launch its ‘selfie pay’ biometric Identity Check Mobile service in Singapore this year, according to The Business Times. “No specific date has been set for the launch,” the publication reports. Identity Check Mobile, which allows cardholders to authenticate online payments by scanning their fingerprint or by taking a selfie, rolled out to Latin America in December 2016. It became available to US financial institutions in 2016, with a global expansion expected during 2017.
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module
- Most US banks expected to renew Apple Pay contracts