Mastercard is preparing to launch its ‘selfie pay’ biometric Identity Check Mobile service in Singapore this year, according to The Business Times. “No specific date has been set for the launch,” the publication reports. Identity Check Mobile, which allows cardholders to authenticate online payments by scanning their fingerprint or by taking a selfie, rolled out to Latin America in December 2016. It became available to US financial institutions in 2016, with a global expansion expected during 2017.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts