Mastercard is preparing to launch its ‘selfie pay’ biometric Identity Check Mobile service in Singapore this year, according to The Business Times. “No specific date has been set for the launch,” the publication reports. Identity Check Mobile, which allows cardholders to authenticate online payments by scanning their fingerprint or by taking a selfie, rolled out to Latin America in December 2016. It became available to US financial institutions in 2016, with a global expansion expected during 2017.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service