Mastercard is preparing to launch its ‘selfie pay’ biometric Identity Check Mobile service in Singapore this year, according to The Business Times. “No specific date has been set for the launch,” the publication reports. Identity Check Mobile, which allows cardholders to authenticate online payments by scanning their fingerprint or by taking a selfie, rolled out to Latin America in December 2016. It became available to US financial institutions in 2016, with a global expansion expected during 2017.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash