Mastercard is preparing to launch its ‘selfie pay’ biometric Identity Check Mobile service in Singapore this year, according to The Business Times. “No specific date has been set for the launch,” the publication reports. Identity Check Mobile, which allows cardholders to authenticate online payments by scanning their fingerprint or by taking a selfie, rolled out to Latin America in December 2016. It became available to US financial institutions in 2016, with a global expansion expected during 2017.
- National Bank of Kuwait claims world first with contactless metal Visa credit card
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena
- HonkMobile launches app-free Apple Pay NFC payments
- Apple Card pilot expands to ‘thousands of retail workers’
- China’s Expresspay Card moves into wearable payments