An in-car biometric rear-view mirror that authenticates the driver using iris recognition technology has been unveiled by automotive electronics firm Gentex at CES 2017. The system, delivered in partnership with biometrics firm Delta ID, would identify the driver and, if authorised, start the car, automatically adjust mirrors, steering wheel and seat, and offer music favourites. Gentex adds it could also authorise and allocate payments “including incidentals like tolls and parking and eventually even gas and fast food”.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores