An in-car biometric rear-view mirror that authenticates the driver using iris recognition technology has been unveiled by automotive electronics firm Gentex at CES 2017. The system, delivered in partnership with biometrics firm Delta ID, would identify the driver and, if authorised, start the car, automatically adjust mirrors, steering wheel and seat, and offer music favourites. Gentex adds it could also authorise and allocate payments “including incidentals like tolls and parking and eventually even gas and fast food”.
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans
- US airport stores to automatically file expense reports for business travellers
- LG to launch mobile payments service using magnetic communication technology
- Samsung Pay goes live across India with support for Paytm and UPI money transfers