An in-car biometric rear-view mirror that authenticates the driver using iris recognition technology has been unveiled by automotive electronics firm Gentex at CES 2017. The system, delivered in partnership with biometrics firm Delta ID, would identify the driver and, if authorised, start the car, automatically adjust mirrors, steering wheel and seat, and offer music favourites. Gentex adds it could also authorise and allocate payments “including incidentals like tolls and parking and eventually even gas and fast food”.
- Tappy Technologies joins the NFC World Partner Program
- ST launches NFC universal device for next-generation POS terminals
- Liopa uses lip reading to add security to face recognition systems
- NXP adds support for FeliCa to NFC phones
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency