UK bank Barclays is planning to issue bank cards that replace the three-digit security number on the back of the card with a dynamic CVV code that changes periodically to tackle online purchasing fraud, according to The Telegraph. The cards would also include contactless technology, and either a Wifi aerial or Bluetooth. “Unfortunately, at this stage and due to the nature of the project, we aren’t able to provide further insight in how it might one day look for consumers,” Barclays told NFC World.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India