The German transport minister has unveiled plans to launch a single ticketing system across “almost all” cities in Germany that will enable commuters to pay with a chip card or mobile phone by 2019. “The goal is that customers of 370 transport companies benefit from the initiative. That would be 75% of the population,” Funke Mediengruppe reports.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February