The German transport minister has unveiled plans to launch a single ticketing system across “almost all” cities in Germany that will enable commuters to pay with a chip card or mobile phone by 2019. “The goal is that customers of 370 transport companies benefit from the initiative. That would be 75% of the population,” Funke Mediengruppe reports.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa