A quarter of all UK card transactions in November 2016 were made using contactless debit and credit cards, The UK Cards Association reveals. A record £2.9bn (US$3.5bn), from 325m purchases, was spent using the technology during the month — an increase of 184% from November 2015 when contactless spending passed £1bn in a month for the first time.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India