A quarter of all UK card transactions in November 2016 were made using contactless debit and credit cards, The UK Cards Association reveals. A record £2.9bn (US$3.5bn), from 325m purchases, was spent using the technology during the month — an increase of 184% from November 2015 when contactless spending passed £1bn in a month for the first time.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups