Facebook has obtained a licence to manage money transfers between users in Spain, according to El Pais. “After informing the Bank of Spain, Facebook is now on the financial institution’s registry of electronic money agencies,” the publication reports. “Facebook has yet to explain how it plans to roll out the service.” Facebook was granted an e-money licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe in December 2016.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers