HSBC is to launch a P2P mobile payments app in Hong Kong early this year that will allow customers of any bank to transfer money using a recipient’s mobile phone number. The bank is issuing invitations to register for an Early Bird Sign Up promotion in exchange for HK$20 (US$2.57) credit and up to HK$100 (US$12.89) credit if customers refer a friend. HSBC supports a similar service in the UK called Paym which launched in April 2014.
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups