Niti Aayog, an Indian government policy think tank, is producing an index to rank Indian states based on the number of digital transactions made, according to Economic Times. The move follows the government’s demonetisation of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) banknotes and the launch of BHIM, a mobile payment service unveiled by prime minister Narendra Modi earlier this year.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash