Customers of China Merchants Bank will be able to withdraw cash using face recognition technology installed in all of the bank’s ATMs in Shanghai by the end of 2017, South China Morning Post reports. “We have launched face recognition at our ATMs for cash withdrawal to grant clients more options,” the bank’s Zhu Sihua told the publication. The bank operates nearly 1,000 ATMs in 106 cities.
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts