Alipay parent company Ant Financial has entered into a “definitive agreement” to acquire money transfer services provider MoneyGram for about US$880m. “The transaction will connect MoneyGram’s money transfer network of 2.4bn bank and mobile accounts and 350,000 physical locations with Ant Financial’s users,” Ant Financial says. “The combination will provide consumers in over 200 countries and territories with convenient and accessible financial services.”
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch