Samsung’s upcoming flagship smartphone will come with an iris scanner to allow owners to unlock their devices and authenticate purchases with their eyes, according to The Guardian. The technology was first made available on the company’s Galaxy Note 7 device unveiled in August 2016. “The Galaxy S8 will also come with an artificial intelligence assistant, which can perform tasks such as object recognition,” the publication reports.
- Dogs aim to take Blue Cross canal walk donations
- Accumulated payments with Samsung Pay surpass W10tn
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era