Samsung’s upcoming flagship smartphone will come with an iris scanner to allow owners to unlock their devices and authenticate purchases with their eyes, according to The Guardian. The technology was first made available on the company’s Galaxy Note 7 device unveiled in August 2016. “The Galaxy S8 will also come with an artificial intelligence assistant, which can perform tasks such as object recognition,” the publication reports.
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology