More than 14 banks have signed up to support Aadhaar Pay, a service set to be unveiled by the Government of India that will enable consumers to receive and make payments using biometrics. “They can visit any merchant, share their Aadhaar number and verify themselves using biometrics to pay and receive money,” law and IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad told a press conference reported by Live Mint. Aadhaar Pay will be available through the BHIM mobile payment service launched in India by president Narendra Modi earlier this year.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India