The amount of money spent around the world using a mobile wallet will rise by nearly 32% this year to US$1.35tn, Juniper Research predicts. In Europe, the implementation of PSD2 (Payment Services Directive 2) should “spur further competition within the European wallet space, with existing players poised to introduce additional services to complement their payment offerings,” the research firm adds.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards