The average size of donations made to a UK charity using contactless collection tins was more than three times larger than the average cash donation, The Telegraph reports. The NPSCC participated in a Barclaycard trial from September 2016 and found the average donation using contactless cards or devices at the terminals, which could accept cash or contactless payments, was £3.07. People who donated cash gave on average £1. Barclaycard says UK charities could be missing out on up to £82m (US$102m) by not accepting contactless donations.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies