Customers at Tim Hortons and Burger King restaurants in Canada will soon be able to order and pay in advance using a mobile phone app. Parent company Restaurant Brands International has been trialling the service in Ontario and Miami since December 2016, and plans to launch in the spring, Global News reports. “The expansion would see the app rolled out to the roughly 4,000 Tim Hortons and Burger King locations across Canada,” the publication adds.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models