Customers at Tim Hortons and Burger King restaurants in Canada will soon be able to order and pay in advance using a mobile phone app. Parent company Restaurant Brands International has been trialling the service in Ontario and Miami since December 2016, and plans to launch in the spring, Global News reports. “The expansion would see the app rolled out to the roughly 4,000 Tim Hortons and Burger King locations across Canada,” the publication adds.
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch