The contactless spending limit in France will increase from €20 (US$21) to €30 (US$32) at the end of this year. From March 2017, contactless payment terminals will be reconfigured to accept payments up to the new limit and, from October, new bank cards will be issued to consumers. According to French bank card association Groupement des Cartes Bancaires, about 40% of consumers will have their new card with the €30 spending limit by the end of 2018.
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year