Consumers can now communicate with nearby Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices through web apps using Google’s Chrome 56 update for Android. “With Chrome 56, your web apps can communicate with nearby BLE devices in a secure and private manner using the Web Bluetooth API,” Google’s Pete LePage says in a blogpost. He adds this can also be combined with physical web beacons to control nearby devices. Google began supporting the physical web in its Chrome browser in February 2015.
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year