Fintech startup GoCardless has contacted customers to warn of possible data loss after a break-in at its London offices in January. The company, a gateway for direct debit payments taken from consumers’ bank accounts, says it lost 19 password-protected laptops in the raid. “All of our payment processing systems are secure, remain uncompromised and were unaffected by the burglary,” GoCardless says.
- Huawei expands NFC mobile payments to Hong Kong
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe