Fintech startup GoCardless has contacted customers to warn of possible data loss after a break-in at its London offices in January. The company, a gateway for direct debit payments taken from consumers’ bank accounts, says it lost 19 password-protected laptops in the raid. “All of our payment processing systems are secure, remain uncompromised and were unaffected by the burglary,” GoCardless says.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India