Japanese ecommerce and internet giant Rakuten is to add support for 14 electronic money services to its in-store payment system from summer 2017. Rakuten Pay will accept payments through Rakuten Edy — Rakuten’s own electronic money service which brings with it support for Android Pay — as well as QuicPay+, iD and Aeon Group’s Waon, and nine transportation card issuers: Suica, Pasmo, Kitaca, Toica, Manaca, Icoca, Sugoca, Nimoca and Hayakaken.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies