Japanese ecommerce and internet giant Rakuten is to add support for 14 electronic money services to its in-store payment system from summer 2017. Rakuten Pay will accept payments through Rakuten Edy — Rakuten’s own electronic money service which brings with it support for Android Pay — as well as QuicPay+, iD and Aeon Group’s Waon, and nine transportation card issuers: Suica, Pasmo, Kitaca, Toica, Manaca, Icoca, Sugoca, Nimoca and Hayakaken.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa